Friday, June 26, 2009

November 19, 2008

From: Charlene [ pauliwog@mvdsl.com ]
To: Dearelder.com

Dear Admin,

Our son Adam Kenneth Paul is in the currently in the MTC awaiting his departure date of December 8th to the Mexico-Leon Mission. We have been writing him faithfully through www.dearelder.com and have been under the impression that he has been receiving our letters. I always request that he receive a hard copy letter after I write his letters. He was injured a couple of weeks ago playing basketball and was due for surgery this morning so he was able to call us last night for a short fifteen minutes. He asked why we hadn't been writing and told us that he was pretty depressed at not hearing from us since he had been there. We put him in on October 8th. His sisters and one brother have all written and his dad and I have also written regularly. I received confirmation each time I sent an email, but apparently there has been a glitch somewhere along the way because he hasn't received those letters. Could you check into this matter for me? I love the website and being able to write and email is wonderful. But he needs to receive those letters! If you need to know the dates that things were sent, I can get those for you.

Thank you for your help,
Charlene Paul

----------------------------Do not reply to this email----------------------------
Hi Charlene,

Thanks for your inquiry. I'm so sorry to hear that your missionary hasn't been receiving his mail! I have been looking into this issue with the MTC mail room staff, but can't seem to figure out what is happening to those letters. You are sending them to the right place, and there are no other "Elder Pauls" in the MTC right now, so that can't be part of the problem, either. One of the MTC mail room workers left him a note in his mail box asking him to discuss this with some one. Hopefully we will be able to get to the bottom of this very soon. Sometimes there are distribution errors taking place at the MTC that we are unaware of. I will let you know what we hear back from them. Until we get this figured out, you are welcome to email me the messages for your son. I would be happy to print them out separately, and stick them in the letter box headed to the MTC. My email address is emily@dearelder.com. Please have your son's name and box # as the subject of the email. If he still doesn't get those letters, we can know for sure that the problem is not with our database, but resides in the MTC system. Please call me for any additional questions. (801) 375-3039. Thank you for using the DearElder.com website. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

Sincerely,Emily Mickle
CSR of DearElder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment