Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 6, 2010

Good Day all,


Well another week down. Starting out I have a scripture that I realy liked, I realy felt a power when I read it. So if you have it turn to Doctrine and Covenants 19:15-24:


"Therefore I command you to repent-repent, lest I smite you by the rod of my mouth, and by my wrath, and by my anger, and your sufferings be sore-how sore you know not, how exquisite you know not, yea, how hard to bear you know not.


"For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent;


"But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;


"Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit-and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink-


"Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my preparations unto the children of men.


"Wherefore, I command you again to repent, lest I humble you with my almighty power; and that you confess your sins, lest you suffer these punishments of which I have spoken, of which in the smallest, yea, even in the least degree you have tasted at the time I withdrew my Spirit.


"And I command you that you preach naught but repentance, and show not these things unto the world until it is wisdom in me.


"For they cannot bear meat now, but milk they must receive; wherefore, they must not know these things, lest they perish.


"Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me.


"I am Jesus Christ; I came by the will of the Father, and I do His will."


I realy like it, especially just passing Easter. I am finaly starting to understand how grand the atonment realy is. How great the suffering of Jesus Christ realy is. We had a conference today, and our president talked to us. He talked about the suffering he passed through in the Garden of Gethsemani. Not only for our sins, but as we have learned, and learned in conference, for every feeling doubt, pain, and disair we have or will ever face. It made me remeber when Elder Bednar told us that he does not understand how, but that Christ saw, each and every one of us, each one of our faces. After that the suffering continued to go through, being spit upon, whipped, and caring his own cruz until he could not carry it any longer, and another had to help cary it to the hill were he was then brutaly crucified. But one thing that I realy liked that our president told us today, was that no man ever took his life. Christ if it was his will could have liven forever, but giving up his will to the will of the father, Christ gave his life for us. Then after so much torment, he did not go to rest, but as we know he worked in the Spirit World, until the third day was resurected, breaking the chains of death. It just has been amazing to me to see the difference when we realy realize what it is, and how great it is what Christ did for us. I finaly am starting to understand, in order to have success in this life we realy do need to say not my will but thine be done!


So that was kinda my cool experience of the day. Just all kinda hit me. Well the week went realy well. The sun is definatly out to stay, and I look realy funny with my missionary tan. But, lets see, well we worked realy hard, and accomplished a goal as a mission. We set the goal to bring 500 investagators to church in the mission. Well, me and my companion took that to heart. We searched the city and ranches for people who wanted to see conference either Saturday or Sunday. Well at the end of Sunday conference my companion and I were able to have 21 investagators in the church, and in the mission we had 503. Im realy excited, because most the investagators left with a realy testimony in prophets and apostles.


Well now for yesterday and why I didn't write. Well we are doing a month of sacrifice, so we decided that yesterday we would sacrifice preperation day, and write home at night. Well we all worked together as a zone yesterday, breaking up in districts. Well in my district, i led it and we knocked two hours in every area, ending at aoubt 9 oclock last night, not giving us time to write last night. But, it was amazing the blessings we recieved for sacrificeing, so yesterday in my district, we have 4 companionships and 3 areas. We ending up having 115 lessons and 116 new investigators between the four companionships yesterday alone! For those that dont know, that is Amazing, something i never would have dreamed possible. So ya we were amazed and Pres talked to me and couldnt believe it. And today passing with people we have in our area 50 new investigators in just our area. just amazing how the lord blesses us when we say Let your will be done!


Other than that , I can not beleive how much the girls ALL OF THEM have grown. Wow Zoee and Zaylee are like young laddies now, and emily and Heidi, wow look way older! cant believe the baby sisters are growing up! Well I love you all, and take care everyone, and thank you very much for the pictures!


Elder Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment