Monday, November 16, 2009

August 31, 2009

Hey everyone how is it going,

Well Ihave now finished my second week in Salamanca, and I think my lungs hate this place! ha I know that I have told you that this place is realy dirty, but I am going to explain a little more how dirty it is. So the other day it rained and the next day it was way humid. Well at the end of the day, every single person had black faces and arms. ME and my companion took pictures to show you. It is pretty gross.

We have been working with alot of people for getting ready for baptism, but are having alot of troubles with familes. It is funny because most families are not active catholcs, but they are so afraid of someone leaving their liitle circle for something better, that they do everything they can to drag them back in!

Ok well I do not have too much new to write, so I am just going to tell you a little storry I read the other day. Here as a missionary sometimes it is hard because we can see so many bad things going on in the world, and sometimes if feels very overwhelming. This storry helps alot.

"The Starfish"

An old man was walking along the beach. In the distance he saw someone who seemed to be dancing along the waves. As he got closer he saw a young man picking up starfish and tossing them back into the ocean.

"What are you doing?" The old man asked.

"The sun is coming up, and the tide is going out. If I do not throw them in they will die!"

"But young man, there are miles and miles of beachwth starfish all along it. You can´t possibly make adifference."

The young man bent down, picked up a starfish and threw it back past the breaking waves.

"It made a difference to that one!"

The young man´s action represent something ineach of us. We are all gifted with the ability to make a difference. Each of us can shape out own future, and each of us can help others reach their potential. I realy love this storry and it is definatly one of my new favorites, no matter how much of an uphill battle it seems we can ALWAYS make a difference!

It still blows my mind that my little bro Ben is heading out for college! Does he have a laptop or anythng. How is Volley going for Emily, and did her boyfriend already leave? Heidi is running cross country? That is sweet! How is she doing in that! Mom you said that Zoee is talking up a storm now. When I left she was still working on putting sentences together. Is there anyway you guys could record it on your cell phone, and send it to my email?

I love each and everyone of you!

Please keep writing,

Elder Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment